“I give you a new commandment: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples.”
We reach out into the community to care for the needs of others and to make Jesus known. This is an integral part of our Mission at Beautiful Savior. Our Outreach includes monetary support and “helping hands” as we work in the neighboring communities. You are invited and welcome to join in any of the many opportunities described below. If you are interested, please contact the church office @ 248-646-5041.
Our Community Services:
- In 2017, one of our many outreach goals is to bring two teenage girls from Papua New Guinea to America to live with relatives. This great effort called, Esther’s Daughters, will need many volunteers, many resources and many hours of support.
- We have purchased a large 5-bedroom home in Pontiac (48 Fairgrove) to be used for Grace Center of Hope Christian rehab program. Join our fundraising efforts for renovation to help build this into a halfway house with a goal of opening the doors in July of 2012.
- Provide dinners two times a month at Grace Centers of Hope and provide lunch once a month at the Baldwin Center in Pontiac.
- Provide financial and volunteer support to construct homes with Oakland County Habitat for Humanity.
- Have half-day and multi-day adult mission trips to area and out-of-town communities to assist with needed projects and with the spiritual needs of others.
- Collect food for and deliver Thanksgiving baskets to needy families in Pontiac and Troy.
- Make and deliver comfort quilts to members or family and friends of members who are in need of healing.
- Donate and collect food items to be distributed to area food pantries.
- Serve as partners in missions by offering prayer, encouragement and financial support to new and renewing congregations. In 2011, we are supporting the Gendabi Lutheran Church in Tanzania and the Mother of the Savior Church in Dearborn.
- Donate money to the Matthew 25 Fund which is used to support local people in need through agencies like Troy People Concerned, Grace Centers of Hope and the Baldwin Center Pontiac location.
- Donate gifts at Christmas time to our Giving Tree so that residents of Haven who have had to leave their homes because of domestic violence receive Christmas gifts.
- Fill a shoebox and a child’s Christmas will be blessed with God’s love. Each year we participate in Operation Christmas Child, putting together boxes filled with toys, candy and necessities and send them to third-world countries whose children enjoy opening their gifts and learning of God’s love for them.
- Partner with neighboring churches to organize blood drives for the American Red Cross.