Below is a series of reminders for members of BSLC.
Calendar Reservation Forms It is that time of year when we begin to reserve dates on the calendar for all of our events, meetings, etc. Yellow reservation forms are available at the welcome desk and in the church office for your reservation needs. It is first come first served, so get your dates in early to ensure room/time availability. If you have any questions, please call the church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Sheets The completion of the blue sheet contained in your bulletin is very important for member communication. It is a place to offer your talents, request contact or prayers. It allows us to know when a member has been missing for a few weeks and gives us an opportunity to offer care. Another important role of the blue sheets is to record attendance and member participation. Congregation attendance history plays a vital role in church planning. Thank you for taking the time to complete the blue sheets.
Let’s Stay Connected! Summer is ver busy, but a lot will be happening throughout the coming months. Make sure we have your contact information. Have you been getting emails from email@example.com? If not, please check your “Spam,” “Junk” or “Other” folders to see if our messages have been automatically filed. Make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is saved in your address book and/or on your safe senders list. Contact the church office if you’re not receiving emails from us!
Watch the Website Bookmark bslcmi.org on your desktop computer or put an icon on your phone. Follow us on Facebook too!
Sign-Ups Check out all the sign-ups that make our congregation run! Opportunities include Sunday fellowship food, driving a member to Sunday service, Maker’s Faire supplies and volunteers
- Christian Education: Teachers and helpers needed. Contact Michelle if you can assist.
- Short Term Esther’s Daughters: ministry volunteers while Michelle and David travel to Papua New Guinea. Contact Marion Turowski
- Greeters: contact Kathy Hutson or the Church Office at email@example.com
- Wiggle Workshop: 1st, 3rd & 5th Sundays of each month work with the youngest worshippers during sermon time. Contact Michelle if you love to wiggle!
- PowerPoint Presenters: THANK YOU for all the summer volunteers!! We are still looking for a regular person for the 9a.m. service in the fall. Training is available. Contact Julie Steinmayer
- Altar Guild Members and Co-Chair: contact Judy Raffin
- Service Readers: contact Lori Calbeck or the Church Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Usher Team Members: contact Ann Hussar or the Church Office at email@example.com
- Offering Counters: contact Church Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feeding Those in Need : Sign-up on the bulletin boards in the Welcome Center.
Share God’s Love with our Preschool! Each week during the school year volunteers from our congregation share a brief chapel time with our preschool class n the Early Learning Center. Chapel is on Wednesdays at 11am, each session is about 15 minutes long. Contact Michelle if you would like to join our rotating team.
Feeding Those In Need BSLC supports two groups to assist people who need help getting enough to eat. We serve meals at the Baldwin Center 8 times a year and at Grace Centers of Hope once a month. Sign-up on the bulletin boards in the Welcome Center or talk with Nancy Kriewall or Joe Lujan.
Church Safety As you come and go from the church office, please DO NOT let anyone you do not know into our building. They need to ring treble and be let in by the church office. This is to keep our building secure for the safety of the day care children in the building every day. It is also important to make sure that all doors are locked and closed securely after meetings and events at the church. You can help by double checking the doors as you leave, and to refraining from bypassing the lock by using the black zip tie Monday-Friday. Thank you!