In order to help young children become more competent, the following goals are addressed:
- Development of each child’s God-given individuality and encouragement of his/her awareness of God’s love.
- Social experiences with peers and adults that allow the child to develop appropriate self-awareness and respect for others.
- Experiences for the child that are essential to the development of cognitive skills.
- Opportunities to develop small and large motor skills through play.
- Stimulate and create experiences that will encourage a child’s desire to learn.
- Help to develop constructive and satisfying ways for expressing their feelings to others.
- Opportunities for the child to make choices to aid independence and to take responsibility for his/her choices within the limits of safety.